70 W-30 Project

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Not sure if anyone here is interested in a newer car project but if you are I will update it now and then. I got this 70 442 W-30 out of a barn. It was parked in 1981. Almost a year ago I started a frame off project. I have the chassis complete and the transmission rebuilt and the engine almost done. The body should be headed to the body shop this weekend. He will have the body for 5 months. I would like to be done with it by summer of 2015 but I am not holding my breath. In all this mix I hope to get another turbo to Jim and have it red coated for the Jetfire.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

This car is almost done. This winter I plan to take much of the jetfire apart and do some work to it. I am not repainting the body but need to rebuild the brakes, bearings, rear end and install the red turbo that Jim built me. The bottom side of the floor pans need something don also. they are not rusted to the point of pitting but it is covered in the dry dusty brown rust. I need to take care of that to avoid it getting worse.

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

The 442-W30 looks great, good work!!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks Jim. I want to do this to a 62 Jetfire but not the one I have now. I am broke after this one so it will be a while till I can do a jetfire.

I did pick up a 61 Buick Special 4 door tonight. Not sure what I will do with it but it has a rebuilt 215 in it. I could not turn it down for the price.

macf85
    Participant

Beautiful job Eric. Great color too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum