Aftermarket wheels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bstang
    Participant

I am wanting to put aftermarket wheels on my 62 but keep the original 4 bolt bolt pattern. Anyone have any ideas about how big and what offset will work?

macf85
    Participant

I put Wheel Vintiques “Chrome Hot Rod Rallye wheels on my ’63. Not sure about what offset they are. They are 14″ x 6” with P215/70R14 BF Goodrich Radial T/A’s in back and P195/70R14 in front. The slightly taller and wider rear tires give the car a slight rake. See photo. There is about a finger’s width between the tire and the wheel opening trim on the rears. I wouldn’t go any bigger than this unless you plan on tubbing the wheel-wells. I haven’t had any interference with any rubbing. You might do some research on what the offset is on these wheels and use that info. to find wheels you like.

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Oh, forgot to say that these wheels are a dual 4-lug bolt pattern.

joe_padavano
    Participant

I scored a set of used aluminum slot mags from a 1960s Mustang with the six cylinder motor. The bolt pattern is the same 4 x 4.5″. Note that the Fox-body Mustangs with four bolts do NOT use this same bolt pattern, only the 1960s six cylinder cars (as well as Falcons and Comets from teh same vintage). The wheels are 14×6, with about zero offset. I’ve got 195/70-14s front and 205/70-14s rear.

Attachments:
    PhilHahn62
    Participant

I have a set of aluminum vintage 13 inch mag wheels for a Cutlass for $200 for the set. If you PM me, I can send pics. Phil

captiannapalm
    Participant

I have a finger width on my driver side. Had to use wifes hair dryer and a 42oz dead blow to massage the lip on the passsneger side. I am running 205-55-zr16 on a 7″rim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum