Alum crossflow rad for 62 cutlass?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Alum crossflow rad for 62 cutlass?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I’d like to drop a crossflow alum radiator in without paying $700 for a custom Griffin.Summit has a univ fit griffin at 24wx16h for $173 which looks pretty good and a Griffin with trans cooler that shows dim at 26wx15.5H at $330 but I’m afraid it might be too tight a fit.

Has anyone done this and what did you use?

Thanks for the help.

jensenracing77
    Participant

The members here may be less familiar with this than the 61-63 Buick guys. If you don’t get help here you may try looking for the Buick guys on a forum. I know I have read some about this subject on the Yahoo groups 61-63 buick site.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Checked forums and got close but no luck. Didn’t find a Yahoo Group but I am not familiar with how to access one.

Any other ideas or info anyone?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I believe I have identified an Alum radiator that will do the job and when confirmed I’ll post.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Here’s a pict of the Northern rad blank that Northern fabbed up with F85 like fittings. See my post on Jetfire HD cooling system for details of the system.

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

Here is a link to the yahoo group skylark616263.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/skylark616263/info

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Not familiar with yahoo groups. I don’t see a forum there to read. Is there some additional info?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum