carb parts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wudntme
    Participant

I am in need of an accelerator pump for my 62. anyone have one? or know of where I can get something that will work in its place? so far I have just had people laugh at me when I call and ask… LOL.

I did find one guy who made entire carb rebuild kits for $500, but I don’t need the whole thing…

thanks guys!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Are you needing it for the Jetfire carburetor I assume? If so, I have some that are NOS from another model that I modify and work perfect in our cars. These are old NOS stock and are the good leather style. With me buying it and the time of modifying it I would need $55 shipped for it. I know it is expensive but I have time and money invested into them.

I have some used ones that will still work if you want to try one of them. I would want $28 shipped for it.

macf85
    Participant

I agree with Eric on the leather style accelerator pump whether for the Jetfire carb or 4 barrel Cutlasss carb. Way better than the rubber replacement. It recovers well after longer periods of storage when the carb. is primed properly compared to the rubber version. Worth the extra $$.

wudntme
    Participant

Man, I wish I would have found you guys years ago!

I would gladly pay $55 for that!! here is my email, send me some info on what we need to do to get it done.
    62ragtop@sbcglobal.net (and the email name is from my VW, not my Jetfire… lol)

thanks again!
    Scott

jensenracing77
    Participant

I will send you an email and some pictures. Can you tell us more about your car? Is it 62 or 63? Would love to see pictures of it. How long have you had it? Sounds like you have been into the model for a while.

wudntme
    Participant

the car is a ’62. My father-in- law owns the car but I keep it for him and tinker with it here and there. His father actually bought it new. it is a hardtop, automatic and in really good shape. its major problem is that it is never driven, and since I got it moved to where I am now I can at least try to get it running smoothly and reliably.

ill try to get some more pictures once I get it running better and out of the garage!

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Very nice! When you get a chance and if you don’t mind, we would love to see more pictures and maybe one of the cowl tag. We started a collection of cowl tag information. Jim Noel, here on this site, rebuilds the turbo, carburetor and fluid injection setups for these cars if you find you need that.

wudntme
    Participant

Here is a picture of the cowl tag and also a trim piece I need in case you know where I can get one…

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Looks like you have an A/C car! Does it have any other options? Under the A/C line that runs in front of the cowl tag should be another code. It will have ACC and then could have something after that. Can you see if there is something there. Finding that aluminum bezel is difficult to do and usually not cheap when you do. I have an extra for one side but can’t remember what side it is. I will see if I can dig it out.

captiannapalm
    Participant

Sharp looking ride

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum