Carburetor tags

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I have tags from 3 Jetfire model carburetors. 7023150 is from a 63 automatic carburetor, 7023151 is from a 63 4 speed carburetor, 7020951 is from a 62 automatic carburetor. I am wondering what the tag number should be on a 62 4 speed? Our 4 speed car does not have one and wondering what it should be.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I do not have a 100% positive answer but from the data in my records, and the addition of your tag numbers, a 1962 manual transmission carb should be 7022151.
    Jim

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I am trying to determine the difference in the 1963 Jetfire carbs that show 4 part numbers where the 1962 carbs only show 2 carb numbers. I have been under the impression that the change in design of the fuel bowl/float cover is the difference. I have seen both styles of float covers on 1963 set-ups. One does not have the “chimney” on the cover and is like all the 1962’s that I have seen and one does.Which if any of your three carbs have the chimney?

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

All of my 63 carburetors had the chimney and all my 62’s do not have it. I am only assuming that they have not been changed in the past.

On another note, I finely check my MPG since I made the jet modifications and puled out the needle. I am at 17 MPG where before, I “think” I was at 19. I am going to make another change on this and see if I can split the difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum