“Cars for sale” time it takes to post ?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts “Cars for sale” time it takes to post ?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

Decode tag: 12A= built 1st week of December.
    62-3147 Body= 1962 Jetfire (wow wrong year! I wonder what happened?).
    BC 543= the 543rd Jetfire Built in the model year at South Gate Plant Los Angeles. Number is in line with that time frame.
    Trim 957=White Vinyl Paint FCA = Wedgewood Mist Body, Provincial White Roof, Ebony Black wheels
    no ACC codes (not unusual for Southgate)
    All Southgate Tags have the bend on the right corner to punch the inspection hole in the tag.

ians63jetfire
    Participant

So? The model year is wrong on the tag? That’s kind of strange .. no?

jensenracing77
    Participant

It is not unheard of for Fisher Body to make mistakes on the cowl tags. Not very common to see one but it did happen now and then. Like oaklyss said, the body number fits the build date very well from other cars documented from that plant at that time. I really like this car, I hope it finds a good restoration at some point.

oaklyss
    Participant

I have never seen a wrong year on any cowl tag before. I have owned a November and January South Gate Jetfires, so before and after yours, but both had 63 on the tags. So it’s very strange.
    One thing that would help, is to see the Protecto plate and book. It will have the selling date and engine numbers as well.
    Then if we can see a photo of the engine numbers (right side head and block pad) to see if it all matches.
    The car Would be great to restore.

ians63jetfire
    Participant

Here are some additional photos . I’ll take a photo of the engine block tomorrow. I didn’t mention before , I have an operators Manual for the Turbo. Doubt that was provided with the car at the time of purchase , but I have it l (see photo). Also the VIN on the window sticker matches the VIN on the Pro-Tecto plate . Lots of other photos Of service records from the 60s. Oil changes , services etc . I really appreciate all of your help guys.. Thank you for the responses .

Attachments:
    ians63jetfire
    Participant

Ok guys,
    It’s a marching numbers car . Here’s a photo of the head . Matches the Protecto plate .. see photos .

Attachments:
    ians63jetfire
    Participant

And I have the windshield wipers . Just pulled them to clean the coal.

ians63jetfire
    Participant

Cowl. Damn phones

oaklyss
    Participant

Thanks for posting those. The car was built 1st week of December, but delivered to the owner December 14. It must have been a special order for that leasing company. That is a fast timeline!
    There is a number on the block also, on a pad just under the head number, under that black wire and the oil. That would show if its the original block.
    Thanks for posting this car here for us to see!

ians63jetfire
    Participant

Hard to get a photo. How’s this ?

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum