Changing out generator for an alternator

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Changing out generator for an alternator

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

The pic in the Kid442 63 resto thread is a little dark but I think this one looks just like the one on the restored eng pics. Any 2nd strut on that one?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Hi all,
    Hoping to confirm if the bracket in the picture I posted is correct. It is different than the one in the ebay posting. The picture I posted looks like the same as the bracket in kid442 63 restoration but I am not sure. Joe, is the one in the picture I posted the same as yours? Gotta confirm a purchase and I hoping to have confirmation from someone who has one.

Thanks

joe_padavano
    Participant

Mine looks like the bracket in the ebay photo. I’ve not seen the second bracket before, but A/C is a pretty rare option in these cars.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks Joe. Here’s a couple of better pics of the bracket I have on the way to me. I hope it bolts up to the 62 exh manifold. Wonder if the 63 manifold is any different? Any 63s out there can give me some feedback?

Attachments:
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

So I got the bracket and it bolts up to the same front cover holes as the generator bracket with the extended part of the bracket slipping over the extended lower front head bolt that the ground strap attaches to. One piece, very solid bracket. There must either be a late and early bracket or the seller was right and there are two brackets dependent on the accessories. I believe this is the one on kids442 “63 resto thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum