Clutch Rod Firewall Boot

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Clutch Rod Firewall Boot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BruceM
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking or an NOS or reproduction clutch rod firewall boot for my ’62 Jetfire 4 speed project. I know these are hard to find, but I’m hoping someone out there can help. I found an NOS one once on eBay many years ago, but haven’t seen one since. Anyone have any luck adapting one from a different car and making it work? The boot for the ’64-’67 Cutlass is reproduced and I have one. I may be able to make it fit and work, but I don’t know. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Bruce

jensenracing77
    Participant

That is a part I have never looked for but have always wonder how hard it would be to find. If I find anything I will let you know. I need to check my 4 speed parts car but I suspect it is not going to be any good.

oaklyss
    Participant

Here is mine, this is what they look like, but in one piece. Right now I am using the 64-67 A-body boot that kinda fits.

Attachments:
    BruceM
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I may end up adapting a 64-67 boot as best I can. I’ve never seen one that is old and in a car that isn’t shredded like the one in the picture, which isn’t surprising. Thanks again.

Bruce

jensenracing77
    Participant

I was concerned about that when I took my car apart. Luckily I was able to get it off without hurting it. It is stiffer than I think it should be but not broken. I still need to check my parts car but I feel sure it will not be any good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum