Color matching carpet supplier

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Color matching carpet supplier

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I can’t seem to find my post from a short time ago on this subject so Im posting again.

It seems all the suppliers I found sell ACC carpet, or to be more specific ACC is a supplier to all the other retailers I found. SMS being the most expensive, ACC second, Stock Interiors a lot less, and others falling in line somewhere. They either advertise that they sell ACC carpet or will tell you if you ask. ACC has evidently cornered the supplier market as far as I can see, that’s where I need some advice.

I have the Red with Maroon trim upholstery. I have very nice original door panels with carpet on the bottom that I bought here from one of the members and would like to match that carpet. Even the darkest “red-maroon” samples from ACC or Stock Interiors or one other supplier are all the same carpet and color and are not dark enough.

Anyone find a supplier that can match the original dark maroon carpet color?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

jensenracing77
    Participant

How is the carpet you have? Other than the color? If your carpet is at all usable, I would not replace it and just get some SEM interior paint that matches close and spray the carpet and then if it is not an exact match, just spray the panel carpet also. I have no experience with aftermarket carpet for these cars.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

No carpet. Convertible with 40 years of barn storage, some outside weather exposure, rats, squirrels left no carpet that wasn’t rotted away or mostly not there. Don’t want to touch the panel, it’s like new, very nice.

Had a thought about colors- does the floor carpet typically match the panel carpet or is it two tone like the seats? So if the panel is dark maroon then the floor would be a lighter shade?

I guess this would apply to all the Colors that have two tone seats if it’s true.

So another question for all of you: What are your door panel carpet colors like compared to your floor carpets?

JimNoel
    Participant

Door panels were NOT trimmed with carped lowers on convertibles. For the F-85 offerings (Cutlass and Jetfire) that did have carpeted lower door panels, they matched the floor carpets.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Yeah I know. Unfortunately my orig door panels with the lower patterned plastic were toast, due to the conditions I note above for the carpet. I was able to pick up some coupe door panels with carpet in very nice condition for a very reasonable price from a member vs. $900 each for repro from SMS. They look great and I’m happy with them, this isn’t an all orig show car.

So for those with coupes with red/maroon upholstery have you found new carpet to match the lower door panel carpet? and if so where?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Here’s my new carpet from Stock Interiors.
    Drop shipped from ACC at about 1/2 the price of a direct ACC purchase!

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum