Convertible top weatherstrip fit problem

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Convertible top weatherstrip fit problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I am fitting new weathersrtip to the convertible top frame and am having difficulty with the pieces that are over the doors and wrap the corners of the front bow. The angle and mass of the corner that goes under the front bow seems too big and holds the bow up well off the windshield. The strip that goes side to side on the bow seems too small and barely touches the top of the windshield chrome. I have the original pieces but they are well mashed and hard to tell where the Steel Rubber stuff differs. The side to side piece from Steel Rubber does seem somewhat smaller.

Anyone have experience with this? I am using Steel Rubbers stuff which seems to be the only one available. The top frame is bare.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Bueller? Bueller?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Hello out there. Has no one put new weatherstip on a convertible?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Wish I could help but never played with a convertible. Have you tried asking on Classic Oldsmobile? May also try Buick V8, I know some of the 61-63 Buick guys hang out there.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks. Yeah got some commiseration on Classic Olds site and advice to keep fiddling and increasing compression on it gradually but no one with direct experience, and have no feedback from the 6163skylark site. Steele Rubber says they have sold lots of sets so someone out there must have experience with the fit.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thought I’d check back in on this. Anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum