Cowl or fire wall tag info

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Cowl or fire wall tag info

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I have your automatic car as #12, 869. I have your “parts car” #898. Is this not correct?
    Jim

jensenracing77
    Participant

I think I got myself confused, lol. You are correct about my automatic car. My parts car is 98 and is junk. I just remembered that the 898 car is one I found about 20 miles from me. He said he wanted to restore it but I do not believe it will ever get done. It is a very rough car and should not be restored. That same guy said he has two more in PA in better condition.

twobolts
    Participant

Here is trim tag1963 black,red interior no ac power steering and seat

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Thanks, your car is #14 on the list. I added the make date of 11D.

twobolts
    Participant

Jim This is my other one, Has ac, Blue, White int and white vinyl

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Thanks Mark, Added to my cowl list and general info list.
    Sure would like a pic or two of both of your 63’s!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is a new cowl tag. It appears that we may have an anomaly. The 63 I just picked up has a date of 01D and is body number 645. This tag is the same plant and the date looks like it is 01C but the body number looks like 660. Looks like it is an earlier car with a higher body number.

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I can’t make out the make factory code? “B”+ something? If it is BC it would probably be correct. If it is BK then yes, out of sequence? Recheck the factory make code in the VIN tag. Is it 631Cxxxxx or 631Kxxxxx?
    Jim

jensenracing77
    Participant

After looking closer then I think you are correct that it is BC. The corrosion almost looked like BK. That makes more sense now. This car is on eBay now and looks like a reasonable price.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I just ask him to look closer at it and he is telling me that it is a K. I guess I need to see the VIN? That would settle it. I am not seeing where he listed the VIN in the add. I thought it was required.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum