Exhaust System Mufflers

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Exhaust System Mufflers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi All,

Several people have asked about mufflers for the Jetfire Turborockets.They are getting hard to find! The dual outlet, single inlet mufflers offered by Oldsmobile were for the Cutlass 4-bbl (that is the way GM lists them even though all Cutlass’ were 4-bbl) and Jetfire. The difference was the size of the inlet pipe. The Cutlass muffler was 1-3/4″ inlet and Jetfire was 2″ inlet. They both are 1-1/2″ dual outlets. All that I have seen were stamped “GM” and made by ARVIN.
    Jetfire-GM part #380173. Cutlass-GM part#582028 and 585616.
    Jim

IMG_3746t

IMG_3748t

IMG_3749t

IMG_3750t

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

I couldn’t find a dual outlet muffler for my Cutlass after a few years of searching. I ended up having Waldron’s exhaust make one for me. This is an option if you can’t find anything NOS. It has welded ends vs crimped/folded ends but fits exactly the same otherwise.

JimNoel
    Participant

Recent questions regarding Cutlass exhaust systems sent me searching for this old post about mufflers and dual exhaust added to Cutlass cars. Here is the muffler info brought forward. It would be cool to have a search method on our website.
    Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum