Facebook Group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Just wanted to give a heads up. I did start a Jetfire Facebook group but it is not to compete with this forum. It looks like all the Jetfire that are popping up find there way to Facebook first because most of the car world has moved more to Facebook and less forum based. They find one of several Oldsmobile groups and start posting about their Jetfire. Others from this forum then tell them about the forum and that they need to join and tell about the car or seek information. With this Oldsmobile Facebook group I have linked this forum to it so that when they start doing research they will very quickly find this forum.

I am not a fan of Facebook for these groups because the information shared on them will get lost in time. I just feel it will help the new generation find this forum easier. I am not asking anyone to sign up for Facebook to join the group because that is not the goal. If you are already on Facebook feel free to join it but the overall goal is to bring them here where hopefully the information is preserved.

That being said, I have had three people on the Facebook Oldsmobile groups say they did not want to join the forum. This is why I am not a fan of the Facebook groups, anything they post will someday be lost with no way to reference it in the future.

Not sure if it will help or not but wanted to at least let everyone know why I did this.

deucephaeton
    Participant

What is the group called?
    I tried “Jetfire” and it didn’t pop up.

Luck is at the intersection of planning and opportunity.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Oldsmobile Jetfire. I was going to make it just Jetfire but some Transformer toys pop up all the time with just Jetfire. If you search on Facebook Jetfire group or Oldsmobile Jetfire it should pop up. I believe Jetfire will also but you will have to scroll down to find it.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

As you say with Facebook the info will be lost and not available for future reference.

That is why we need a functioning SEARCH for the forum postings

jensenracing77
    Participant

I agree that a search function is very important.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum