Factory Style Turbo Rocket Fluid Filter Stencil

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Factory Style Turbo Rocket Fluid Filter Stencil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    graytoad
    Participant

I thought I better post this here as the Classified section is slow to upload.

Recreate your own Factory style Turbo Rocket Fluid filter. You need to watch E-bay or other NOS parts sellers and purchase new-old stock AC model GF-61 filters; same as the GF-91 with 5/16 fuel lines ~ only without the TRF wording. Also useable are the GF-61-P filter however their tube size is 1/16” larger at 3/8” – since they couple with rubber tubes you can make them work. (see photo for the size difference of tubes) I am selling a pair of stencils with complete instructions including shipping for $25.00 USD. PayPal or mail a check – Sandy Gray sandygray2018@gmail.com If you want a different quantity, just ask!
    Hope this video link works for a good look at the finished filter! https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar1CGnoOThJagog0BMprVg_G1gUmhA?e=Q0Qd09

Attachments:
    dr-jet
    Participant

Well Done!!!

oaklyss
    Participant

Found a paint color that looks like a perfect or very close match for the filter lettering. I went to the hobby store and matched it up. It’s Testors Gloss Bright Red 1231. Competition Orange was too orange. Gloss red was too red.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

Excellent, Thank you Oaklyss! Is that an original filter or one you did with the stencil kit?

oaklyss
    Participant

That’s the filter I just did with your stencil kit. Works great! The photo shows the filter on photos of an original filter and next to my original filter.
    The only difference is the thickness of the arrow. The stencil arrow’s shaft is slightly thinner.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Very nice! I will pick that color up myself. I still need to do mine but will likely wait till I am closer to done with the car.

graytoad
    Participant

Well then: How did we miss that! That would be an easy fix for my daughter too. DANG!
    Perfection is a difficult thing to chase! Hubby beside me just commented – A blind man on a fast horse . . . . . he is obviously not as fussy as I am.

graytoad
    Participant

These TRF filters are not in any ‘schedule’ to replace as they flow so little TRF. The filter it self is actually a fuel filter – where it does filter hundreds of gallons of gas in a year so – yes, they do get replaced in that job. So what are you to do with the second stencil you got in the kit? You create your new favorite coffee mug! Truth be known, this was one of the early test stencils and is not ‘correct’ and I did a crappy job by pulling the stencil too early!

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum