finding my old Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts finding my old Jetfire

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    7litrescott

Hello,
    About 15-20 years ago, I sold a ’62 Jetfire project car to a young man from Anderson, In., and I wondered if the car was ever finished. At the time of the sale, I had accumulated all NOS or pit free exterior trim, an NOS turbocharger, a four speed console and correct T-10. There was also an extensive literature collection included. The air cleaner, turbo fluid tank, and maybe the valve covers I had chrome plated. I found the car in a junk yard here in Indianapolis, fairly complete, and found a couple more in a yard in southern Indiana, and one or two more in a yard in North Dakota. Finished up, it should have been a spectacular car; it was originally a black car with a white painted top, a scheme I didn’t like. I grabbed the Fisher body tags from the other cars I found, one was solid maroon, the other was a lavender color – Chevy used this in ’65 and called it evening orchid. I’m guessing the Jetfire community is close enough that someone may recognize my old car and send pictures of it to: 7litrescott@tds.net. The young man’s father worked for GM Delco or Guide in Anderson and was restoring a ’63 split window Corvette and flew a small Cessna. The Anderson economy was thrown into turmoil when GM divested itself of its offshoots, so there is good chance the car was sold on. I’ll be waiting to hear what you folks can turn up. Scott McVicker

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum