Foot Flange Gasket, *Pre-order*

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Foot Flange Gasket, *Pre-order*

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    graytoad
    Participant

Is this something that is ‘required’ if you disassemble and rebuild or is there a chance the original may be fine? I just got my car and have not yet started to tear it apart.

jensenracing77
    Participant

It has a roughly 50% chance of being good. If it is bad it has become very difficult to find good used ones. I have 10 “extra” turbo systems and of those only 3 had good ones. I have since sold all of those good ones. I will be talking to these people soon and hope to have a sample in the next couple weeks.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Also, welcome to the Jetfire community. We are a small group of very rare car owners. From what I know of your car it looks to be a really good one. I supplied them the original back seat cover to use for material to fix the fronts.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I just got an email that they should have some parts made next week. I am not sure if that is a test part or the actual finished product but we will see. At lest it is still moving along. Just hope nothing happens to my NOS one I sent them.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is a picture of the prototypes. Their comment was that they still need more work but I like what I see so far.

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Wow those look pretty good, how is the material? Will it hold up to heat and methanol?

jensenracing77
    Participant

This is a picture they sent me but they are supposed to be made of the same Nitrile rubber as original.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Just got some great news. They are shipping me two of them to try out and should have them around the end of the week. If it shows up on time I will install one on my wife’s automatic car Saturday and see how it does. I will keep you posted.

jensenracing77
    Participant

They have arrived! I now have reproductions of the foot flange gasket available and are made right here in the USA! I have test fit one to a manifold and turbo but I have not mounted one to a car yet. I have all confidence that these will seal exactly like they should and need no sealer.

These are softer than the originals. The manufacturer tells me that the originals are just harder from age but I am not sure he is correct about that entirely. I am sure he is partly correct but my NOS one is for sure stiffer than these. Either way, I see no troubles with using these and trusting them to work just like original.

These do fit tight around the turbo outlet and will require just a little amount of lubricant to slip them on. They told me that Petroleum Jelly will be just fine to use and is compatible with the rubber. It would not take much, just enough to get it all the way on without harm to the rubber.

Anyone that still wants one or two at the early price, let me know and we will make arrangements. Again, the price is $130 and shipping each for the early price and will be $150 for any sold later. If you spoke for any and want to wait till I put one on my car first, I understand and will hold yours at the early price till I have mine installed in a couple weeks.

Everyone needs to thank Ken for finding this place to make them. He done the hard work, I just ran with what he started. I just need to recoup the mold price, ouch, lol.

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

This is fantastic, a great thing for the Jetfire community. I am sending the money now. Many thanks to you and Ken for making this happen after all these years.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum