Front seat geometry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deucephaeton
    Participant

Is the seat foam geometry the same for 62-63 F-85 buckets and the 64-65 buckets?

Luck is at the intersection of planning and opportunity.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Don’t know but i gave my upholstery guy a set of 62 buckets with torn up covers and crumbling foam and he made some really nice orig pattern covers with his own foam. Came out really nice.

I just had him do a set for my 64 chevelle,which other than the cover pattern are same as cutlass… Abody seats. I bought quality pre-formed foam for it and quality covers and I like his work on my 62 Cutlass better.

So if you have a good upholstery guy i’d go that route. He did bitch about the 1” Tuck-and-Roll though.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Ames Performance sells Tempest bucket seat foam for the Y-body cars.

Attachments:
    chrisbaldwin
    Participant

Do you know if I can assume these would fit a 62 cutlass as well – same seats as Tempest?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I heard but have not confirmed that Corvair are the same foam and upholstery cut pattern. Not style of course.
    Seats probably don’t mount the same though.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Yes, the Tempest seat foams should work fine.

deucephaeton
    Participant

Thanks but not entirely answered.

Luck is at the intersection of planning and opportunity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum