Future Homecoming show

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Future Homecoming show

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Every year the Homecoming show will host a certain model. I am going to talk to them about the Jetfire model in May and wanted to see how many would be willing to take a car if they host the Jetfire for a future show. I know this year is the 68 H/O and next year will be the 69 H/O but not sure if they have anything setup for the 2020 show. For them to host a model I am sure they would like to have at least 4 or more of that model show up. If they agree to it I would take two cars and I know of one other that would go for sure. Just wondering if others would be interested in this. Maybe get a head count of potential number of cars. If I could tell them that we have 6 or so cars maybe that would help.

Let me know your thoughts.

Eric

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    Not sure that all know that the Oldsmobile Homecoming show is in Lansing, MI each year, usually in mid June. That would sure be great if there would be a dozen or more Jetfire owners who would participate! I could/would bring one or two, if I can find another driver for one of my cars, if there is interest. Should maybe include all the 61 to 63 F-85’s too! Keep the ball rolling…..
    Jim .

jensenracing77
    Participant

I am going to be at an event in May that will also have some of the Homecoming planning people there. I am going to talk to them about it but I would bet with as unique as the Jetfire model is they would want to do this. Just hope they don’t have something already for the 2020 show.

I am told that the JWO this month has a good article about the Jetfire. I don’t have my copy yet.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Bringing this back up. I have talked to some people and looks like we could get at least 6 cars so far. I think it would be easy to get a couple others I know of to go.

I just talked to Judy that has a major roll in running the Homecoming show. She said that 2019 is not set yet as to what the car will be. Maybe it will be possible for the 2019 show. Either way, she is bringing this up at the next meeting for the show. I will see her in person at an event later this month and will talk more about it then.

jensenracing77
    Participant

We are in for the 2019 show! Spread the word so we can have a good Jetfire turnout

jensenracing77
    Participant

I need about 6 to 8 quality pictures of cars. They need 8 good pictures to choose one for the T shirt of the 2019 Homecoming show. If anyone want to email me a couple quality photos I will collect them and forward them on to the Homecoming organizers.

chrisreeves
    Participant

We should be able to make it. We have the car being painted now. Turbo is done and bottom end of motor is built. We just have to get back from paint and install everthing. Were hoping to be done in 8 months.

felixjgarcia
    Participant

As I mention to you Eric I will love to bring mine also I been working very hard to get it done during this year and I should be ready to fire soon. Will keep you guys posted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum