Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog hydrostatic lock or ?

hydrostatic lock or ?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts hydrostatic lock or ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Has anyone experienced hydrostatic lock when the turbo rocket fluid leaks down into the combustion chamber after shut off? I am asking because I have been chasing an engine noise in my right head since I installed my rebuilt engine over a year ago. I have thought all along that it was a pushrod alignment issue as my rocker arm is slightly out of alignment and I am using larger than OEM pushrods to work with the heavy duty valve springs I have. With many adjustments, I’ve gotten the pushrods pretty much lined up so they don’t rub the head.

While I have virtually eliminated the noise on cold start up (and checked the lifters as well), after I run the car significantly (usually a half hour drive or more), shut it down, and then restart it, I get a clicking noise that lasts a good few minutes or so. It does go away. I cannot see or sense any damage going on, and the thing runs great otherwise, so I am wondering whether I might have some leakdown or something else I’m not thinking of?Any thoughts I would be glad to consider.

See Depressure Valve Modification under “Articles”,”Nuggets from Noel”, “Tech Articles from Noel”, and click on “Dep. Valve Mod.” You can email Jim by going to “Membership” (after logging in), and following instructions. Jim’s Username is “Jim Noel”. Another source of info might be Bruce Sweeter, whose Username is “Jetfireman”. Good Luck!

I experienced hydrostatic lock when the turbo rocket fluid leaks down into the combustion chamber after shut off. Still have a bent rod from those days. Good to upgrade the fluid control valve. Bruce Roe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of Clint
Profile picture of 62 Cutlass Convert
Profile picture of Nicolas
Profile picture of dlsbradley
Profile picture of Ken Dennison
Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of rustydib
Profile picture of autoplusmike
Profile picture of john-sage