i just bought f-85 and registered here

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts i just bought f-85 and registered here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ronny
    Participant

I have been searching to no avail for info on ’62 f-85’s. my son just sent me this site. i just registered my f-85 here and i have a few questions that have been driving me crazy for several weeks. and a few comments i’ve found out about this car (that ul most of you are probably hip to). i’ve not heard of a Jetfire. my olds is just an f-85 as far as i can tell. i had no idea there was a turbo made. that’s crazy! i would think they would be priceless. who ever heard of a turbo back then? I’ve heard the 215 aluminumn block was highly prized by hot rodders and that f-85s with the 215 still in them are rare. i heard that block was sold to Land Rover? i’ve seen an article that says the 62 f-85 was slated by GM to be front wheel drive with a v-6 in it. crazy again. i was thinking i had a ten K car on my hands. apparently not. ;( i bought mine for $1800 because it had a blown tranny but the engine sounded great. i spent $2200 getting the 4 speed automatic rebuilt by a competent shop. i rebuilt the master cyl. and the wheel cylinders and i have a good running car. my daily driver is a ’65 Ranchero with a 289 2 br.. 199 K and counting. one owner. i bought the f-85 because i’d not seen one for 40+ years and thought i could make a few bucks. so here i am. i see cars in great shape for less than 4K and junk ones for 10K. hmm. i look forward to checking out this site and getting educated about f-85s. i’m not interested in finding out if the block is drilled for a pilot hole. 😉 i’m 67. retired vet. lived in empire colo and worked in a hard rock mine for 33 years. retired and moved to OK to take care of my mom who passed away a year ago. now i’m stuck in OK. 🙁 hope the pix i put in when i signed up are viewable. i’m not greatrest comp person. TTFN, RONNY

jensenracing77
    Participant

Welcome! I am not so hot at computers either. I will see if i can find your pictures.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum