I need an original upper radiator hose

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts I need an original upper radiator hose

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    johnsage
    Participant

Thought about my previous post and reread the part listing. I think the 1963 C.A.C is actually the 1963 F-85 with A/C. Anyway, the hose also fits something other than the Jetfires.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks

jetfireguy

Here is Jim Noel’s attachment in post #677:
    radiatorscompressed

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Looking good but still far from a new product. It is Fusick that is looking into it. I am friends with Ron Memmer that is very good friends with Mike Fusick. Ron took the radiator hose to Mike back in late April and they already have it being looked at to see what the production cost will be. I have no idea when I will have more info but I will keep you posted.

http://www.fusick.com/

jensenracing77
    Participant

GREAT NEWS!!!

THEY HAVE THE RADIATOR HOSES DONE!

I do not have a price and they have not updated their online catalogue yet. I just got the NOS one back that John sent me and with it was the new reproduction one. They also sent me a reproduction lower hose and I did not know they were making one of those. Not sure where they got the sample from? Mike Fusick said they were not sure what the correct markings were so they put on the markings like some of the newer hoses had. he said if any of the markings need to come off then just take some lacquer thinner and remove the markings we don’t need. From comparing the two of them, They look to be exactly the right shape and bend! I need to install it on the car and make sure.

We all need to say a BIG thank you to John Sage, Ron Memmer and Mike Fusick for making this happen.

Please show your support to Fusick and order a set for your car. John, I need your address so I can send your NOS hose back. Is there anything you need or looking for? Do you want a reproduction hose? I will buy you one if you want one.

100_3812_opt

100_3805_opt

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Great Job Eric! Thanks for following through. I plan to order 2 sets Monday. Will you give me the part number on the lower hose?
    Thanks John for the NOS example……….
    Jim

jensenracing77
    Participant

587981 is the number on the lower hose. I don’t know what Fusick will have for part numbers.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    After looking at the lower hose for details, it does not look correct? I am going to wait until you check it out. Please advise all if it is correct before many order one.
    Thanks, Jim

johnsage
    Participant

Hi Eric,

Just saw Jim’s post. According to my parts catalog part # 587981 is the lower radiator hose for the 1963 F85. As far as I can tell that includes the 1963 Jetfire.

The part # for the 1962 Jetfire lower radiator hose is 585966 according to my catalog.

John

jensenracing77
    Participant

I just took it out to the car and from what i can measure, It looks to be correct. It will be a couple days till I can put them on.

100_3819_opt

100_3821_opt

100_3812_opt

100_3805_opt

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum