Indianapolis World of Wheels/Motorama, Feb 9, 10, 11

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Indianapolis World of Wheels/Motorama, Feb 9, 10, 11

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I know a couple Indiana guys follow along here. Just wanted to post that I will have the 62 automatic Jetfire and 63 4 speed Jetfire at the World of Wheels show in Indianapolis in February. I will also have the extra Jetfire engine on display between the two cars.

https://autorama.com/attend/indianapolis/

Sunday night will be a long night. The show is over at 6:00 and I have to get both cars home that night. I have one enclosed trailer and live almost two hours from the show. I figure I will not be done till 2:00 in the morning with loading and unloading two cars in two trips.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Getting set up

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Wow what a display. Let us know how it goes

JimNoel
    Participant

Looks great Eric! Have fun!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Holy cow am I tired! It was only the first day from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM ( I left at 8:30) and my feet are killing me and loosing my voice. They had a band that I had to talk over with many people wanting details about the car. Tomorrow is 10 AM to 10 PM. I should have taken a couch to relax in, lol. Lots of fun though.

I have two new leads on Jetfires. One parts car and another that is supposedly a good one. We will see if those pan out.

macf85
    Participant

Nice Eric! Side by side shows how completely different the 62 & 63 bodies are, aside from the roof and windows. Wish I lived closer to Indy. I’d like to check out the 63 closer. Do you know if the passenger side mirror was factory installed? Or maybe dealer installed? Or one of the past owners? I’ve never seen one. Is it the same as the driver’s side?

jensenracing77
    Participant

The guy I got it from had it installed when they done the paint and body work. I believe both sides are the reproductions that are offered but not 100% sure about that.

jensenracing77
    Participant

People sure love learning about the Jetfire model. It is fun to bring awareness to people that have no idea these cars were even made.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Over all there is not that much to tell about the show but sure had fun. Both Jetfires and the engine were for sure the buzz of the show. I had people coming to me saying that these cars are all they heard about all day till they got to my area to look themselves. I did not leave the cars much at all myself. I did have a guy looking pretty hard at the 63, not sure if he will follow through and buy it or not, will just have to wait and see.

Ryan Evans from Counting Cars in Vegas was looking at the cars when I showed up Sunday morning. He was there before the show was open to the public, I am sure to avoid the crowds trying to get pictures and autographs. I just pretended to not know who he was and said hello. He did not stick around so did not have a conversation with him.

Sure was fun getting to talk to people curious about how the system worked. I was even encouraged with the younger generation and their questions. There were a couple occasions where a “millennial” would be really wanting details about the system and some of them could understand most of what I was saying, lol. The funniest part is that most of them know what the modern “Snow System” of fluid injection is and thought it was something new. I just laughed and said that Oldsmobile was doing tuner cars long before it was cool…

Looking forward to going to another large show sometime.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Very nice Eric. Luke’s looking forward to getting the 62 down to the Sat morning drive in show local to us here. You NEVER seem them around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum