Jetfire Heater Hoses

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Jetfire Heater Hoses

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BruceM
    Participant

Jim,

What is the routing of the “J” shaped hose that is specific to the Jetfire? I think I will need to pick one up for my current project. Thanks.

Bruce

JimNoel
    Participant

It goes from the heater control valve to the intake manifold. Space was too tight for me to put the two hoses in place with the turbo system mounted to the intake manifold. I originally installed the intake with the turbo system in place but had to take the turbo back off to get the hoses installed! Just a “heads-up” for all!

Attachments:
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks Jim, picked up both hoses for my Cutlass and they look good! I’m going to run a transfer pipe like the Jetfire.

I think descriptions got a little mixed up along the thread here, and I may be wrong but for clarity I believe the #21860 “J” hose from heater to manifold is the hose common to the Cutlass as well as Jetfire, both the Cutlass’ we have are set up with the rear manifold fitting for it. While the #19604 “S” hose is unique to the Jetfire with the transfer pipe.

Jim, is that a restored transfer pipe or did you fab it up? Very nice engine compartment

BruceM
    Participant

Thanks, Jim. That is very helpful. My transfer pipe has a slight bend in it after the nipple bending toward the heater core area. Does that seem normal? I don’t know why it wouldn’t be the original piece.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi All,
    Yes, the “S” shaped hose is unique to the Jetfire and the “J” hose is common to all 215’s. The 2 & 4 bbl cars “S” hose looks similar but has one leg long enough to reach all the way to the water pump, all as one piece.
    All the Jetfire coolant transfer tubes that I have seen/used are straight with “bumps” on both ends to help seal the hose on the pipe. Pic’s attached. Coolant transfer pipe along side of valve cover.

Attachments:
    BruceM
    Participant

Yup. I took a look at my books and it looks like my transfer pipe is not original and has been fabricated. Any idea where I can get an original transfer pipe? I could even just borrow one as a model to copy and fabricate a new one and then return it. Any help on this is appreciated.

BruceM
    Participant

Or, if someone just gave me the dimensions of the pipe, I should be able to use that to have one fabricated. Thanks.

johnsage
    Participant

Bruce, If you still need a transfer tube I’m pretty sure I have one on my parts car. I’ll check as soon as the snowstorm we have at this moment finally ends.

BruceM
    Participant

Thanks, John. I appreciate it. Or, if you just want to measure it and let me know the dimensions that would work too. I could then have one made. I think I would only need to know the length of the pipe, the diameter hose it fits, the distance from the end of the pipe to the nipple. Pretty sure the nipple is 1/4 inch and about an inch long. Thanks for your help.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Here are some pictures

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum