Jetfire on eBay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Just a heads up to everyone. I had a deal worked out with this guy to go pick this car up. Had a price settled and all. I was trying to go pick it up Saturday morning. He said he had a title and the engine runs. Now he will not return my messages and posted it on eBay. On eBay he says he has no title and the transmission is not in it. I would assume it will not start and run now like he said it did. I guess it could start and run still with no transmission in it but I wanted to hear it run when I got there. I am still interested in the car but I am not going to give him our agreed price now that it don’t have a title and not likely to hear it run. Personally, I hope it sells for far less than I was going to pay now. He will also not post a picture of the engine numbers so who knows if it is even a Jetfire engine. The radiator has been re-cored and he has no air cleaner. I am just wondering if the engine has been swapped out now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Oldsmobile-Jetfire-JET-FIRE/143526090783

jensenracing77
    Participant

Actually, I have decided to not even bid on it. I just want to drive the price way down on it. Hope someone gets it for dirt cheap

oaklyss
    Participant

There does not appear to much usable left of the body. Very rusty. You would be just buying it for the turbo parts but you could get those way cheeper then buying a whole car.

jensenracing77
    Participant

About 3 minutes before the auction ended I sent him a message on Facebook that I would give him $1500 for the car when the buyer don’t pan out, lol. He replied no thanks. I told him he should have taken the $3K I was going to pay him. I am sure he is kicking himself now. I could be wrong but I believe the last real bid was either $1725 or $1350. Either way I suspect this guy is still stuck with it. I am sure we will know soon. Would be a great parts car for someone restoring a car and missing trim or just needing parts

jensenracing77
    Participant

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! He just contacted me. Here is his quote. “So what will you pay.but no to 1500”

oaklyss
    Participant

Well, when are you picking it up? It’s just a part out, too far gone. I could use windshield moldings and left side trim pieces.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I told him that since I can’t hear the engine run like he said and since he does not have a title like he said I would give him $1700 and not a penny more. He said no. I told him to let me know when he is tired of sitting on it

As far as windshield moldings, are you talking about exterior? I believe I have good ones. Would need polished but I think I have them with no dings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum