Jetfire Plumbing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    moyock13
    Participant

Is there a diagram, Illustrated parts breakdown, parts listing, book or manual available to see how the Jetfire turbo system was plumbed?

I’m just curious and would like to see something other than the normal google search pictures.

Thanks ya’ll.

ken

jensenracing77
    Participant

It is best to get the 63 Oldsmobile service manual. It don’t have the best pictures but is better than you will find on the net. You can also join Wild about Cars. I believe it has a fee but it has the 63 assembly manual that you can download to your computer. it is not that user friendly but Wildaboutcars may be the best way to go because they also have the 62 Jetfire manual and 63 service manual that you can also download. It is best to use the 63 manual for the coolant lines because it is a much better setup than the 62 style.

moyock13
    Participant

I found a 63 assembly manual and a jetfire service addendum to the service manual. I’ll check out Wildaboutcars as well. Thanks.

moyock13
    Participant

Is there a replacement for the Garrett turbo?
    I imagine that the carburetor is pretty specific to the Jetfire, but is there a replacement for that as well?

jensenracing77
    Participant

For the most part you have to rebuild what is there. You are not going to find anything that is a bolt on replacement of the original parts. Jim Noel can rebuild the entire system for you. You can find his ad in the classifieds section.

JimNoel
    Participant

I can rebuild your Jetfire turbo system, if you have one. If not, I can supply the complete turbo intake system and intake manifold for a 62 or 63 Jetfire. Just let me know what your needs are.
    Jim Noel

Attachments:
    moyock13
    Participant

Jim, thank you. Unfortunately, I do not have a Jetfire system. Would love to find one, though. I keep my ear to the ground for that perfect deal.

I’ve thought about piecing one together, every now and again perts pop up on craigslist or on ebay.

If you don’t mind, what would you charge for a complete system?

Ken

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    Send me an email or call me. I need to know just what you have to quote on what you need.
    Jim
    952-881-2150
    jimnoel1@comcast.net

moyock13
    Participant

It was good talking to you Jim. And thanks for the advice.

Ken

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum