Jetfire rebuild

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

Exhaust manifolds and turbo pipe were both ceramic coated by Olympic Coatings in Escondido, CA. Way cheaper then Jet-Hot.

Jetfire Rebuild 19_opt

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Looks great. I noticed the damper plate that mounts between the engine and transmission. If it has any loose slopy springs you will want to replace it. If they are wore the car will “clunk” when you put it into gear and shift to reverse. My transmission guy also said it can be hard on the input shaft. If you find you need another one I can get you in contact with a guy in Michigan that reproduces them for around $100.

oaklyss
    Participant

The 4 short springs can rotate in the holders, how loose is that?

jensenracing77
    Participant

If they can only rotate they would likely be OK. If the springs have end to end play in the holder then I would replace it. Mine had lots of end to end play.

oaklyss
    Participant

Yes, they move about 1/8″ end to end. Can you get me the contact number for your guy? Thanks Jensen.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Pointe Automatic Transmission. 586 776 7300. It would be best to talk to him about it. I am not sure how much play would still be OK. I just found my receipt and it was more than I thought. Mine was $200. I did not have this place rebuild my transmission but I would trust them to do it.

oaklyss
    Participant

Got the crank, pistons and cam in. Waiting for water pump on Wednesday. D&D was out of stock of Neopreme rear main seals, so I bought a Felpro BS 30135 and cut 7/32″ off each half. Seems to fit good.
    Camshaft is stock spec by Elgin. Looks high quaility and is a CWC cast cam.

Jetfire Rebuild 20_opt

Jetfire Rebuild 21_opt

Jetfire Rebuild 22_opt

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Getting alot done. One change I’m making from stock is using an adjustable vacuum advance unit to dial in timing advance.

Jetfire Rebuild 23_opt

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Motor is going into the car this weekend. Can someone please show a close up of the transmission vent set up? Jensen, I was looking at your photos, but I need a closer pic to figure it out. Thanks!

Jetfire Rebuild 24_opt

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

These are the bast I have on my computer. If you need more i will try to get some more.

The breather tube goes the the lower manifold stud and the dipstic goes to the upper manifold stud.

100_6546_opt

100_6516_opt

100_6514_opt

100_6509_opt

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum