I can’t remember but i don’t think you can see it after it is all installed in the car. If you are not worried about being exactly correct, You could just add a rubber hose to it and run it anywhere you wanted. I don’t know how differant it would be but I think I have one from a 62 Starfire. I will see if i can find it and see if it could be made to work. Someone here or over at classicoldsmobile may have a parts car you could get one from.
Not sure how this picture will turn out. It is from a 63 assembly manual. Thanks to Ken, wildaboutcars.com has the complete 63 assembly manual scaned and made public. If you have not seen it, it is very helpfull.
Thanks very much. I am not really restoring the car, I am just fixing what needs fixing right now. I rebuilt the motor, Jim Noel is rebuilding the turbo. The interior has new carpet, re-uphostered front seats with NOS vinyl and also armrests, thats all. Everything else is original. I am having the gas tank boiled out at the radiator shop now, the sending unit has been sent in to be rebuilt. Gas has been sitting in the tank for 25 years and was NASTY! Still need a Turbo Rocket Fluid tank, I might have to make one to use for now. I did make an air filter. Used 1/4″ hardware cloth cut to 4″ high for the inside, then found a UNI filter part #011113 that fits over the wire perfectly. Oiled it, done:
Making progress. Thanks to members of this site I was able to get some of the missing pieces I needed. Fluid tank, Spare fluid bottle (original one) radiator upper hose. Just 1 thing missing in the middle of the motor, but should be soon. Jims working on it!