Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog Jetfire rebuild

Jetfire rebuild

This topic contains 44 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  oaklyss 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

oaklyss
    Participant

Thanks! thats a big help. Now I can fabricate something. i dont have a breather, but a fuel filter of that size should work.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I can’t remember but i don’t think you can see it after it is all installed in the car. If you are not worried about being exactly correct, You could just add a rubber hose to it and run it anywhere you wanted. I don’t know how differant it would be but I think I have one from a 62 Starfire. I will see if i can find it and see if it could be made to work. Someone here or over at classicoldsmobile may have a parts car you could get one from.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Not sure how this picture will turn out. It is from a 63 assembly manual. Thanks to Ken, wildaboutcars.com has the complete 63 assembly manual scaned and made public. If you have not seen it, it is very helpfull.

wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-bin/pub99903…mp;totaldisplayed=50

Scan_opt

Attachments:

oaklyss
    Participant

Thanks! thats what I was looking for. And that site is fantastic. The assembly manual is just what I needed.

62oldsf85
    Participant

really looks sharp. Great job on the resto.

oaklyss
    Participant

Thanks very much. I am not really restoring the car, I am just fixing what needs fixing right now. I rebuilt the motor, Jim Noel is rebuilding the turbo. The interior has new carpet, re-uphostered front seats with NOS vinyl and also armrests, thats all. Everything else is original. I am having the gas tank boiled out at the radiator shop now, the sending unit has been sent in to be rebuilt. Gas has been sitting in the tank for 25 years and was NASTY! Still need a Turbo Rocket Fluid tank, I might have to make one to use for now. I did make an air filter. Used 1/4″ hardware cloth cut to 4″ high for the inside, then found a UNI filter part #011113 that fits over the wire perfectly. Oiled it, done:

DSC06935_zps054af6e7_opt

DSC06931_zps94827f0a_opt

DSC06908_zps6507724a_opt

Attachments:

62oldsf85
    Participant

I have a spare tank. If you are still interested, email me at sphillips16@msn.com

carl
    Participant

If you can’t get the sending unit for the fuel tank rebuilt. GMOBSOLETE has exact reproduction units for $120

carl
    Participant

The battery tray has a triangular bracket that bolts under the tray on the fender side and holds it (the tray) down.

oaklyss
    Participant

Making progress. Thanks to members of this site I was able to get some of the missing pieces I needed. Fluid tank, Spare fluid bottle (original one) radiator upper hose. Just 1 thing missing in the middle of the motor, but should be soon. Jims working on it!

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of Ken Dennison
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of twobolts
Profile picture of vabalelag
Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of john-sage
Profile picture of joemo
Profile picture of ray arnold
Profile picture of Jim Noel
Profile picture of Clint