Jetfire windshield washer jar

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Jetfire windshield washer jar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I can’t find the washer jar part number for the Jetfire in the 72 parts book. Does anyone know if it is the same on a Cutlass and f-85? I did not think it was but not sure. The original I have has a number molded into it and I think it is the part number. Can anyone confirm this? 583347 is the number molded into it.

I am looking for a nice one if anyone has one they want to sell.

JimNoel
    Participant

Here are the 1962 and 63 parts book pages for washer jars. The 1962 book shows the F-85 jar number 583347, same as on my jar too. 63 book # is different but the listing implies a different number for F-85’s. The 1962 style 583347 jar has a large “cut-out” on one side to accommodate the optional air conditioning line passing through the core support.

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

[attachment file=”11793″]

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks Jim! Now, does anyone have one sitting around they will let go of? I would consider any that will hold fluid. The one on our 4 speed car is busted.

young_olds
    Participant

i used to have a few, next time im in my storage ill see what i have

jensenracing77
    Participant

That would be great! Let me know what you find.

young_olds
    Participant

I hope to get out there on sunday. btw it was a no go on that parts jetfire so no differential, sorry

jensenracing77
    Participant

[quote quote=11799]I hope to get out there on sunday. btw it was a no go on that parts jetfire so no differential, sorry

[/quote]

No problem. I added .090 shims behind each spider gears and added some 140 gear oil to take up even more space between all the shims I had to add. That will get me by till I can find another one. At least we can drive the car this way.

young_olds
    Participant

i sent you a pm on classic olds about the washer bottle

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

We have two styles on the two 62 Cutlass converts, both shaped the same but one has Oldsmobile molded in and one does not.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum