Looking for '62 INBOARD taillight housing

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Looking for '62 INBOARD taillight housing

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I suppose you could drill the washer offset and make it like original but if you use the offset style you will have to take more off the hole in the housing for the head of the socket to fit.

BruceM
    Participant

How did you bond the washer to the housing on the back? Nice work.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I am not a fan of JB Weld but decided to use it for this. My test housing I put the washer on the inside with JB Weld so that if for some reason it did come loose the light would not fall out. After it was done and testing it, there is no way it is going to come off. If you use something other than JB Weld just be sure that it can withstand the heat of the bulb.

This is my only concern with the washer on the inside. I have found some original lenses that were slightly melted from the bulb heat. With the washer inside, the bulb is slightly closer to the lens than original. As good as the JB Weld is holding, I am wondering if I should put the washer on the outside. I may take one of my cracked lenses and put it in the housing and turn it on for a couple hours with a battery just to see what happens. I want to be sure before modifying my NOS ones. Not sure of they make an LED but maybe that would be a better bulb for this?

BruceM
    Participant

Thanks. I was thinking of JB Weld for something like this. Very interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum