Manual steering to Power Steering Conversion help

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Manual steering to Power Steering Conversion help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Looking to change over from the manual box to power steering. Looks pretty straight forward except for the steering column shaft.
    Information on the Steering column shaft is the part I am unsure of at this point.
    My manual column does NOT have a rag joint. It has a can like connector between the steering column shaft and the box input shaft that is a small can, lube filled. Looks to me like it won’t interface with the power box rag joint.
    -Can you just slip out the column shaft and replace with the pwr steering rag joint shaft?
    -Or will the Manual steering shaft adapt to the power steering box?
    Has anyone done this and is there something I am missing?

Parts I think are necessary:
    -Bottom 2 belt pulley
    -Pump with pulley
    -Old lines to copy
    -Box
    -Pwr steering pitman arm
    -Idler arm
    -Power steering column shaft?

Thanks

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

(bump to check Notify me)

joe_padavano
    Participant

Yes, you can swap the inner shaft in the column.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks Joe. Good news!

jonemartin
    Participant

Amazing article, By this post people, can change the Manual steering to Power Steering. They can get experts for this service.

We ensure that you will enjoy working with us and have your building renovated with new paint. Let us work on your project because we can do it as you want. We deliver the Painting Services Norco CA, under the professional team.

sophiekells
    Participant

I can’t afford to buy this shaft because I had to buy dissertation online UK-based services for my project completion. Even though; they took a reasonable cost for their services still that was all that I had and now I am left with no more money to change the shaft.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum