Master Cylinder question?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Master Cylinder question?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    deucephaeton
    Participant

I have a rebuilt master cylinder from Hampden Service Parts. The box says part number 43201 and has been crossed off and another number 40005 has been written in by hand. Here’s the question. It looks the same as the M/C that came off the car except the brake fluid outlet is at the bottom rather than the top. Anyone know what would be so close yet so far away and not work? I still have the original and a rebuild kit so I’m not out much but would like to at least ID this thing so I could re-sell it on Ebay. (where it came from)
    Thanks in advance, Brian

Luck is at the intersection of planning and opportunity.

BruceM
    Participant

It may be off of a Buick Skylark/Special. I recall that the master cylinder plumbing coming out of the master cylinder routed differently from the Olds. You could probably find an original Special/Skylark and eyeball it to compare its M/C with yours.

deucephaeton
    Participant

Thanks,
    I’ll do that.

Luck is at the intersection of planning and opportunity.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

We have the front half of a 62 special to use as a cowl donor and the master cyl has a squarish reservoir, a pressure switch on the top of the cylinder area and the outlet on the eng side.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I have a 61 Special and it is the same as 62 cutlassconvert describes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum