Molding Clips for a '62

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Molding Clips for a '62

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BruceM
    Participant

Does anyone know a good source for reproduction molding clips that work for these cars? I am specifically trying to find ones that work for the hood lip molding and the molding that clips around the bottom of the rear window – stainless that extends around out from the diecast pieces that are directly below the rear window. I doubt there are exact reproductions but I’m sure that I can find ones that work with the right dimensions. Anyone have any success with a source for these? Thanks for your help.

Bruce

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Restoration Specialites has the clips for the trim across the nose of the hood, as well as lots of other stuff. There are a few sizes of that same clip design so have yours handy.to measure. They are the exact same clip.
    You can download their catalog here: restorationspecialities.com.

There’s another one in New York I think that is a “manufacturer”of a lot of these old clips but the name escapes me right now, I’ll see if I can dig it up.

I know we got new clips for that rear trim but I need to depend on someone else memory for those. Some here certainly has sourced them.

Google classic car trim clips and several suppliers come up. Have a clip handy and call around.

BruceM
    Participant

Okay, thanks. I’ll check it out. I did the Google search and it pulled up a lot of sources. I thought I’d ask here if anyone had any success so I could narrow it down. Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum