Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog Need gray carpet set for 62 Jetfire

Need gray carpet set for 62 Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Need gray carpet set for 62 Jetfire

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of captiannapalm captiannapalm 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnsage
    johnsage
    Participant

I have been looking for a carpet set for my 62 Jetfire with limited success so far. Does anyone know where I can find carpet, preferably molded to fit?

Profile photo of jensenracing77
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I will be in the same boat soon. I have not looked yet but I will also need gray carpet for our 4 speed car. Ours looks to be ok but faded bad. I have used SEM landau black on black carpet with great success but not sure if they make it in the correct shade of gray. May be easier to just get new carpet if they make it.

Have you tried Fusick?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Looks like Fusick has them that are cut and sewn in dark Grey or silver. Were the originals molded or sewn?

johnsage
    Participant

Where did you find them Eric. I don’t have the latest Fusick catalog and I didn’t find them online.

jensenracing77
    Participant

It is in there on line catalog for 61-77 Cutlass and 442.

https://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/images/CutlassCatalog.pdf

jensenracing77
    Participant

Page 98

johnsage
    Participant

Found them, thanks. They don’t list them in the loop style in gray. I’ll give them a call

jensenracing77
    Participant

Let us know what they say. I will need a silver set likely. I did find where SEM has the silver flexible paint that works great on carpet. I may try that for mine first.

Profile photo of JimNoel
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    The 1962 Jetfires all used solid color carpet sets that were molded. The Cutlass used a two tone or “salt & pepper” carpet set, also molded. I have not had good luck with the fit of aftermarket cut and sew sets. However, others might have done better or not been so fussy! The 971 trim used a gray loop pile carpet set. Fusick’s lists the cut & sew sets for 1961-63 in loop only which does not offer gray or silver. I have pics of the NOS original 971 carpet for a Jetfire attached (hard to tell from pics!). If either of you are as fussy as I am, I will send you a small cut piece from an original carpet to try and match with someones aftermarket set. Let me know.
    Jim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I have never really looked close at the carpet in either of our cars till tonight. Now that I have I would agree that a molded set would be more correct than the sewn set if you can find them. Looks like my carpet is in nice enough condition that I can re die it and reuse it. That is if I can find a correct shade. Under my console and door seals still looks to have nice color so I should be able to match mine up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of Doctor G
Profile picture of john-sage
Profile picture of Jim Noel
Profile picture of 911pilot
Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of jb kish
Profile picture of scott
Profile picture of twobolts
Profile picture of Ken Dennison