Need gray carpet set for 62 Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Need gray carpet set for 62 Jetfire

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    johnsage
    Participant

I might be able to do the same thing if I don’t find a new carpet. I’ll have to look at mine closer. It has aged to a light shade of brown if I remember right. Otherwise I think it’s in good shape. I didn’t realize it was reasonably easy to re-die it. It might be an option.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Mine has turned brown also. I have only ever done it with black but I don’t see why I couldn’t with this color as well. I think it is called SEM Flexible Coatings. It is not really a die as most people call it but when I used it on black carpet and several 70 Cutlass consoles it turned out very good. You could not tell it wasn’t original. I just hope they make it in the correct color, or at least close enough to be ok.

jensenracing77
    Participant

This is what I have used on Black carpet. It would just be a matter of figuring out what color would best match.

http://www.semproducts.com/refinish-flexible-coatings/color-coattm-aerosols

macf85
    Participant

I used the SEM black on my kick panels and it worked great.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Just talked to these people on eBay and they have the molded carpet in silver for our cars.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200816342498?item=200816342498&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

johnsage
    Participant

I called these people a couple days ago and was told that they didn’t make the carpet sets for the 62. Did you have to get past the first answer to get your information.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I will have to look at the conversation again but I am sure he said they had it. Is 62 and 63 the same? This listing is for 63.

johnsage
    Participant

I’ve wondered if the 63 carpet set might fit the 62. Probably not much difference. Maybe someone on here might have the answer.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Fusick list 61-63 the same.

BruceM
    Participant

You might try contacting Harry Samuel in Michigan. He has NOS carpet sets. They are pricey, but they are exactly correct in color and fit. The cars with the automatic on the floor and the console have a two piece front carpet, whereas the automatics on the column and four speeds have a one piece front. The rear pieces are all the same.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum