Need wheel choice help!

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Need wheel choice help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kid442
    Participant

Need wheel choice help!
    OK nearing the end of my Jetfire project. Need help with size, color and other options.
    This is just a temporary choice. The final wheel will be 5 lug but thats not for a year or two.
    Here is what I have. 13″ black wall tire and rim. Tires near new. Dog dish hub cap. Check the two attached photos. The second choice is 14″ black wall tire. White rims need tires. Dog dish hub cap.
    Just trying to select size, trim ring and color.

Attachments:
    jeremy
    Participant

The white. Looks great with your paint.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Like the white 14s. Not much tire selection available in either size, 14s a little better than 13s I guess but then your 13s are almost new anyway. Go to 15″ and lots of tires to choose from. If it’s temp I’d go with the one with good tires.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I like the looks of the white wheel better.

kid442
    Participant

Thanks to all who replied. I am looking for a set of 14″ trim ring. If anyone has a set or one single drop me an email. Maybe a set of Cragar SS wheels
    Thanks again,
    Ken
    kid442w30@yahoo.com

jensenracing77
    Participant
    kid442
    Participant

Eric
    I think those are plastic. I know I have seen some factory wheels with trim rings on the 14″ wheels.
    Thanks for the reply
    Ken

jensenracing77
    Participant

I did not even notice that. There are lots of rings on eBay for 14 inch. If you can’t find the exact thing maybe you could get 4 matching that are close till you find the right thing? I will keep my eyes open for an original

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum