New Fuel tank?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

My tank is beat up with some debatable patches. Would like to find a nice new tank but don’t see any.

Question is:

1. Are new drop in tanks available from anyone?

2. Anyone have a spare tank in nice shape?
    I’m thinking shipping would be prohibitive but don’t really know.

I’m close to San Jose CA and could drive out pick up if close enough.

Thanks

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

(Ck’d Notify me…)

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Yes or no info on new tank availability appreciated.

joe_padavano
    Participant

No one sells new tanks for Y-body cars. Some folks have adapted the 62 Nova tank by having the filler neck relocated.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Sorry, just saw the responses.

Thanks, that’s what I thought.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Used some “Permatex Fuel Tank Repair 84334”. Its an epoxy stick. Cut some off, mix, press into place. Let it cure. Looks a bit like chewing gum under a table.

Working well at this point.

The leak was a very small hole on an old crease from bottoming out at some point in the distant past.
    The interior of the tank is rust free. There is an old patch in what looks like JB Weld at the other end of the crease that is leak free.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Update-started leaking today.
    Taking it out and down to the rad shop for a pressure test and solder patches.

jonemartin
    Participant

With the increase in population, the increment has been increasing in mobile vehicles. A new fuel tank has been installed in the city.

When you are looking for a lock install or repair, you can get our Professional Locksmith Services in San Francisco CA, and resolve your issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum