New to me ’63 Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts New to me ’63 Jetfire

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    select63
    Participant

I recently purchased this Jetfire! It looks like it has been sold several times over the last few years and might be the one that’s already registered on here at least once. I’m hoping someone in the F85 community has some history or information about this car. I know it’s not 100% as advertised, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings if you have any info.
    I don’t know a lot about these cars and the turbo system, so if anyone can give me a couple of “must check” or “must do” items so I don’t cause the car and myself undo problems would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Welcome. If you just start at the 1st post in the Forum, and just read through all the posts, and the Articles too, you will learn a lot about Jetfires.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Welcome! I am not on here as much as I use to be. Yes, that car has went through a few hands but some of those hands made nice refinements to it. I was supposed to go look at it at Mecum Indy a few years back for some people interested in it but the virus moved the date to when I was on a family vacation.

I am only guessing but I suspect it is not injecting fluid proper. I do not believe this has one of Jim’s rebuilt systems on it and if it don’t I would be willing to bet the metering valve diaphragms are bad. Not to take from this forum but most people have switched to the Facebook group and is much more active. https://www.facebook.com/groups/335089121268729

jonemartin
    Participant

Wonderful! I have a dream of driving a Jetfire car. It is one of my favorite cars. Every Weekend I read your blog.

Besides, We give you Junk Removal Services In Houston in your area, So we can keep you safe from diseases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum