New Toy for Jim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi All,
    I just took delivery of a “new to me” 1962 Jetfire. Dropped off at my house, from California, at noon Sunday. All original, unrestored, unmolested, Jetfire in V-1, Chariot red with white vinyl top and has the 971-silver/gray interior. Automatic with power steering, radio, clock, tinted windshield full hubcaps and back-up lights. The car was built the 3rd week of May, 1962. Stay tuned for resto progress…………..
    Can’t seem to add any pics?? Later……….

johnsage
    Participant

Congratulations–looking forward to following your progress

jensenracing77
    Participant

That is great!Looking forward to seeing pictures.

macf85
    Participant

Awesome!!! Can’t wait to see it

62turbojet
    Participant

thats great, hope you enjoy it jim!

jensenracing77
    Participant

I am dying to see pics Jim…. You had to tease us and then leave us hang.:laugh: 😆

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I am having trouble attaching pic’s? They are .jpeg files at about 100KB size. Any suggestions?
    The Jetfire had fuel leaks through the carb. I never tried to start it up for fear of a fire. Pulled the complete turbo system from the manifold up. Almost all rebuilt and ready to re-install. Will fire up the turborocket and see just how she runs.
    I will post some pic’s when I figure out just what I am doing wrong……….

macf85
    Participant

Maybe you’re trying to upload too many at one time. It seems like I was only able to successfully upload about 3 at a time the last time I did it.

perkinsrk
    Participant

Here is one of the pictures.

Jetfire arrive

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Very cool! The Jetfire makes all those Chryslers look like a bunch of turds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum