Well gang, it has been a while since I posted about my new toy. Once I got her running I learned that she is a real oil burner! On hard acceleration it is just like the car in “James Bond”, will smoke out any one following me! Pulled the plugs and ran a compression test. A low of 156 and a high of 240 psig. It will have to be rebuilt! At least, bad cam and oil rings, but do it all while it is out. Will have auto trans rebuilt too.
Have pulled interior and I am waiting for a NOS gray Jetfire carpet set. Need to do air intake/ kick panels and lower door cards too, all carpeted areas.
Both front window lower sash brackets are rusted out, replacing with repro’s from Steele. Also replacing the beltline window inside fuzz and outside rubber wiper as well as both wing vent mounting seals.
Lots to do!!
Well, it is time for a few updates. My new toy project has been going somewhat slow but should start picking up speed. I now have all components ready for reassembly. The front frame/engine cradle is refurbished.
Engine clean up/restoration for this car was a water based chemical wash in a commercial parts washer. The heads and block cleaned up without any stain marks or discoloration. I was surprised on how good they came out of the wash cycle too. The intake manifold was painted after clean up.