Oil return grommet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

What are people doing for the oil return grommet for the turbo on the Jetfire? Is there a good replacement that anyone has found that works? I thought about getting an estimate to have these reproduced but not sure there is enough demand for it or if there is a “good enough” replacement that people are using. The price would depend on how much the mold would cost. I would think the mold would be considerably less than the foot flange gasket’s mold was.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

I see yours is kind of green. Mine is beige/grey.
    I would think that you should be able to get a rubber grommet to do the job: even if you had to do some altering. There are also those grommet plugs that have a solid top for ‘plugging a hole’ that you could cut to suit the pipe. Obviously due to the angle of the pipe entering this factory design is best.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

That is what I felt but I have heard of several people needing these in the past. I never needed one so was not sure if there was something people have found that work or not. Felix just posted on Facebook that a TH400 transmission dipstick grommet works good. I will skip this project since there is an alternative

jensenracing77
    Participant

I Think the color is likely the same. This picture is not very good for mine. I found a nearly mint used one for my car a few years ago. I have another one that is nearly as good that may find its way to Melissa’s car.

nikkireed
    Blocked

Hire A Professional Assignment Expert
    If you have troubles writing your homework assignments, don’t hesitate to read an expert written manual below that will help you find an expert assistant.

ulrickaka
    Blocked

Piktochart Group Buy
    Create beautiful infographics, flyers, posters Design inspiring presentations with Piktochart’s online.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum