Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog Parts Book on line

Parts Book on line

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  captiannapalm 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joe_padavano
    Participant

For those who are not aware of the site gmpartswiki.com, that site has a pretty large selection of GM parts and illustrations books available on line for free. Most are Chevy books, but of interest to this group is the April 1962 update to the Oldsmobile parts and accessories catalog. The cover page says Dec 1961, but it actually is the April 62 update, so it does have the 62 Jetfire info. I’ve attached a few illustrations of interest. Enjoy.

http://www.t.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=1698

Attachments:

jensenracing77
    Participant

Nice!

When I use the link I have to go one page at a time and takes a long time to get to a specific place. Is this because I am on an old Vista computer or is this the way the site works?

joe_padavano
    Participant

Eric,

Unfortunately the site isn’t that user friendly, so you do have to go page-by-page. You can also jump to the next section using the hyperlinks in the upper RH and LH corners of the page. Also, there is a search function that lets you search terms or group numbers.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Also,there is a table of contents at the beginning and you can guess what page you want and go back and forth a little to dial it in by changing the page number up in the browser. Still tedious but a lot quicker than page by page.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Unfortunately, the page numbers in the browser URL aren’t sequential and don’t correspond to anything. I have no idea why they did this, but it is just stupid. The Search function is the easiest way to navigate.

captiannapalm
    Participant

Thanks Joe. Always a huge help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No topics found

Recently Active

Profile picture of Ken Dennison
Profile picture of john-sage
Profile picture of young-olds
Profile picture of mikepoe59
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of Clint
Profile picture of scott
Profile picture of twobolts
Profile picture of Nicolas
Profile picture of jensenracing77