Parts Book on line

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joe_padavano
    Participant

For those who are not aware of the site gmpartswiki.com, that site has a pretty large selection of GM parts and illustrations books available on line for free. Most are Chevy books, but of interest to this group is the April 1962 update to the Oldsmobile parts and accessories catalog. The cover page says Dec 1961, but it actually is the April 62 update, so it does have the 62 Jetfire info. I’ve attached a few illustrations of interest. Enjoy.

http://www.t.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=1698

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Nice!

When I use the link I have to go one page at a time and takes a long time to get to a specific place. Is this because I am on an old Vista computer or is this the way the site works?

joe_padavano
    Participant

Eric,

Unfortunately the site isn’t that user friendly, so you do have to go page-by-page. You can also jump to the next section using the hyperlinks in the upper RH and LH corners of the page. Also, there is a search function that lets you search terms or group numbers.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Also,there is a table of contents at the beginning and you can guess what page you want and go back and forth a little to dial it in by changing the page number up in the browser. Still tedious but a lot quicker than page by page.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Unfortunately, the page numbers in the browser URL aren’t sequential and don’t correspond to anything. I have no idea why they did this, but it is just stupid. The Search function is the easiest way to navigate.

captiannapalm
    Participant

Thanks Joe. Always a huge help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum