Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Rubbing the paint today and I am very pleased with how well it is turning out. I will have to do it one more time before I wax it but it already looks far better. My arms are killing me… I am only 42 but I can sure tell I am not in my 20s any more, lol. It is hard to tell in the pictures but if you look at the lights reflecting from the ceiling of the building in the before and after pictures you can tell it is starting to shine much better.

This cloth started out white. It is completely saturated with the oxidized paint that came off. I think one more time will get it but it will be a while till I get time to do it.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Last two for a while. I got the top polished now and reinstalled the grill and headlight housings. I am going to have to polish the entire thing at least one more time to get it right but it is looking much better than I expected. Other than the windows I have not touched the interior. It was smoked in and it going to be terrible to clean.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

A guy that is following this car on You Tube ask me for an update so I just made a short video of it cleaned up. Still a long way to go on cleaning it but it is much better than it was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPM87qKXGc&feature=youtu.be

jensenracing77
    Participant

Of all things, A guy on the classicoldsmobile forum found this trim piece. The one on our 4 speed Jetfire is one of the two worst pieces of chrome on the car. The original has lots of pitting. This one is MUCH better than that. Now just to find the same piece for the driver side.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is a video from the Muscle car and Corvette Nationals. Ryan Brutt did an interview in front of my Jetfire at 8:50 to 12:00.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ixWjPZc5o&feature=youtu.be

JimNoel
    Participant

Thanks for the post! Fun to watch. Always good to see the little gems get some recognition.
    I liked your article and pics in the January, 2017 “Journey with Olds” too! Good job.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks Jim. I have not even seen the JWO yet. My dad called and said it was in there. I had talked to someone at the 2015 nationals that ask me to give them something about it. I had sent it in soon after the nationals and assumed it was not good enough to use because I never seen it. I will go get my copy from my parents house tonight.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is another one that was just sent to me. It is about all the cars from that section, not just mine.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/check-amazing-stories-behind-barn-finds-hidden-gems-2016-mcacn-show/

jensenracing77
    Participant

GREAT SURPRISE THIS MORNING!!!!!!!

Just got an email from the nephew of the original owner! I have been trying to get in contact with the family for the past year. Turns out that his aunt was the original owner of the car and even rumored to have raced it at a track that was located where the O’Hare International Airport is located today.

He sent me a picture that was taken of the car when it was NEW!!! The date on the picture of when it was developed is November 62. The leaves are green and this is in Chicago so it had to be the summer before November 62. You can’t see it in the posted picture but if blown up, the license plate has 62 on it. The white walls are wider than I expected but these are the 15 inch wheels also.

Just noticed something else, This picture shows a paper in the passenger side windshield, This paper is still taped in that exact spot!

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Now that I am looking at the 1962 picture more I realize that my spare tire is original to the car! The wheel was repainted but there is paint on the tire and valve stem from bad tape lines.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum