Progress on my ’62 Jetfire 4 speed restoration

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Progress on my ’62 Jetfire 4 speed restoration

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BruceM
    Participant

Hey guys,

I thought I’d post some pictures of the current state of my ongoing ’62 Jetfire 4 spd. restoration project. This project has been going on for some years and I’ve had quite a bit of help from my friends, including a number of you guys (Jim, Eric, Ken, John Gage, etc.). I’m trying to get this out of my shop so I can tear it down and build a new one, so I’ve been working on getting as much of the car together as possible before I have to move it to my garage. So, here it is. I hope that I can have it completely finished some time next year. Hope you like these.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

wow, that looks great! Have you had the turbo rebuilt yet?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Very nice work!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Is that royal mist or garnet mist? Did you have trouble matching the paint? Mine are royal mist and the body guy had fits getting the color right.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Bruce,
    Looks very nice! Looks like this will be the twin to your Cutlass 4-speed. Cool! Restoration plans for other ’62 in background?

macf85
    Participant

Very nice job Bruce! It’s exciting watching these cars go back together. Especially a 4-speed Jetfire! Can’t wait to see it finished.

oaklyss
    Participant

Wow, nice work!

BruceM
    Participant

Hey all,

Jim rebuilt the turbo and that was the first thing I did on this. It is garnet mist with a white top. The paint shop had no trouble matching the color. I just gave them the GM color code that’s off of the cowl tag and they matched it up. In the background is a blue ’62 Cutlass that I found in the Phoenix, Arizona area about 20 years ago. I thought it would make a good parts car, then I started to look at it. Wow. It is a complete car with no rust. Just some body damage that is fairly minor. So, it is a future restoration project. I couldn’t bear to dismantle it. It is an automatic car with a column shift. Anyway, I’ll keep you all updated as the Jetfire project progresses. It still needs a lot of work but it is coming together. Thanks for all of your help and well wishes!

Bruce

jensenracing77
    Participant

I tried getting some paint over a year ago with the code for Royal Mist and was not close at all. My body guy tried it when he first started working on it and found the same thing I did. Took him a long time to get it right. Yours looks great!

BruceM
    Participant

Hey, thanks everyone. I will keep you updated on the progress of this and hope I can have it finished some time next year.

Bruce

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum