Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    macf85
    Participant

Does anyone have a source for rear upper control arm bushings. The service manual says the entire control arm is replaced as a unit but I thought there was an old thread on here regarding bushing replacements. I can’t seem to find it now.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Got mine at Rare Parts, Stockton CA. Maybe Kanter, OPGI.

macf85
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I “think” Auto Zone has them.

jensenracing77
    Participant

WOW! Don’t buy them from Auto Zone! Just looked them up and really expensive! Looks like Rare Parts is much lower priced.

https://shop.rareparts.com/search?year=1962&make=OLDSMOBILE&model=F85

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

If you can buy as a jobber even better price from Rare Parts.

jensenracing77
    Participant

With shipping I am well over $400 for all the bushings for the rear end. I guess there is no other option? Now I regret removing my old ones. They were not bad other than a little surface cracks in the rubber. After I got them out, the inside rubber was great. Wish I would not have sold the set of Buick arms I had. They were really nice and no dry rot on the bushings.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Does anyone know what the difference is between the control arms for the 63 verses the 61 and 62? The parts book shows a different part number for the 61-2 verses the 63.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

You’ll still notice a difference even though they looked good they are still 60 year old rubber. 61 to 63 diff Don’t know.

Thats why I’d like to replace my front mounts. They look okay but you know new rubber would be better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum