Rebuild kit for original fuel pump?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Rebuild kit for original fuel pump?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells rebuild kits for the original fuel pump. When I see them listed I look farther and it is for the 394 big car engines. Anyone know where to get a kit for an original pump?

macf85
    Participant

I got a kit a few years ago for my ’63 Cutlass that was made from materials that are compatible with the crappy fuel we get these days. I can’t find the receipt but I think it might be this supplier I found on the net. Here is a link. Check with him to see if he has anything for your ’62 Jetfire.
    http://www.classicpreservation.com/fuelpumpkits.html

I put an N.O.S. fuel pump on it shortly before that and it failed after about 200 miles. The rubber had deteriorated and the diaphram was torn when I took it apart. Rebuilding with new parts is the best way to go.

Good Luck

jensenracing77
    Participant

I did not find this place when I was googling fuel pumps. I will call him tomorrow. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum