rebuild kit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    captiannapalm
    Participant

Well the unforseen has happened. The motor has a knock. I was going to do a rebuild down the road, but it looks like that road has finally come. After searching on the web for rebuild kits , I figured to ask here for any references for a rebuild kit. I have a few shops in the area to take it to, but want to request this rebuild kit over that rebuild kit…. Also… has anyone stroked a 215 on here? I have an article that talks about stroking it to a 264 if I am not mistaken…

joe_padavano
    Participant

Spend some time looking at the engine builds at britishv8.com. The Buick 300 crank is the usual way to go, but put that in a Rover block with Chevy 305 pistons and you get about a 298. The late Rover 4.6 blocks have cross-bolted mains.

JimNoel
    Participant

Dan LaGrou of D & D Fabrications has published information on beefing up a 215. Attached is a brief write up from his 2001 catalog. This catalog covers considerable information on component combinations to increase c.i.d.

Attachments:
    joe_padavano
    Participant

I’ll also suggest browsing the engine builds at britishV8.com. Lots of good info on the BOPR motors (that’s Buick-Olds-Pontiac-Rover).

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Don’t know this for sure but rather than mod your orig eng, why not go to a late Rover eng. Arguably a better eng overall with casting improvements, parts availability, modern injection system, factory larger displacement…Agin not positive but probably cheaper to do also. Those performance parts for the 215 are held very dear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum