Reconditioning Body trim and fender badges

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Reconditioning Body trim and fender badges

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    911pilot
    Participant

Can the stainless steel body trim be straightened and polished like new. Looking and getting a set along with front fender badge. There are some small kinks in body trim and some of the paint has faded off the interior dash “jetfire” sign as well as the two front fender badges, what about the aluminum body trim insert? I wanted to make sure they can be straightened and polished before I get them.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Not sure I can answer the question but I think I seen where a guy is reproducing the aluminum inserts. I will look and see if I can find who that is. I think he was in Canada maybe?

911pilot
    Participant

Thanks. Spoke with some folk and I’m told the insert is delicate aluminum and i because there is a subtle pattern on it, it will be difficult to straighten .

jensenracing77
    Participant

What part of the country are you in? I know about a car in the Niagara Falls area that I am told is mostly junk but has some good trim on it. I am trying to get more information on it. I hope to have some pictures of it in the next week or two.

911pilot
    Participant

Thanks. I’m in the Chicagoland area. The items I’m seeking are parts for the 62′ Jetfire. Thanks again for the info…..please keep me posted.

Charles

911pilot
    Participant

I am primarily needing exterior trim:

1. Side body Trim
    2. JetfireFender Badges
    3. Jetfire Trunk Badge
    4. Hood with both “Dorsal Fins”

Thanks again.
    Charles

911pilot
    Participant

FYI: a ’62 is not the same as a ’63; the trim pieces are not interchangable.

Thanks.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I was going by your picture and assuming you were looking for 62. The one I am trying to get more info on is a 62 also.

mikepoe59
    Participant

I don’t mean to crash the party, but if 911Pilot doesn’t take the Jetfire fender and trunk badges, I would be very interested in them. I’m missing those pieces on my 62. Please drop a note if you learn of anyone else with these pieces! Thanks so much!!

911pilot
    Participant

I’m more than willing to participate in a group effort. Is this amenable?

Charles

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum