Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

License plate light is done and ready to go back on. Yellow zinc plated and the screws were clear zinc.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Some other parts I have ready. Just noticed I put the clips on the TRF bottle holder upside down, lol. Now I will have scratches in the paint taking them off. The color of the clips were a red oxide color and I want to repaint those anyway.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

The body guy just sent me a picture. Looks like he is making headway.

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Here is my TRF bracket clips original paint.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

That is what mine looked like till I messed them up. I was not going to paint them at all but made the wrong choice. Now I have to redo them. I think I have three others somewhere.

jensenracing77
    Participant

This is what mine did look like. I will fix them

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I took detailed pictures of my inspection stampings and also cut some others out from my parts cars. I took them to the local printing store and they are making me rubber stamps so I can duplicate them. The top corner of the O for OK is slightly off for the / style but I am not going to make them redo it. Just need to find the proper shade of yellow now.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I have not been able to get time to go out to the body guys house. My wife sent me out shopping for groceries today and bumped into a friend of my body guys. He said that it was getting painted the final coat today! I don’t think that counts the white top but not sure. I am sad because I wanted more pictures of his work at his place.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I never finished the story on my radiator. I had a thin coat of paint on the radiator the day I got it home but it was humid and turned the paint milky. I later painted it again and had a couple cans of engine paint. Turned out that they must have had some paint mixed up on the shelf because one of the cans was interior vinyl paint. I did not notice till I already painted the radiator. I went over that with the correct paint but it has been bothering me because it is not right. I am now going to paint a scrap radiator I have with the same paint in the same coats of each style of paint. After it is cured I will start testing ways to strip it off. I hope I can come up with a way to strip it and not hurt the fins or copper. When I figure out the best way I will strip my good radiator. I am wondering if I soak it in a pan of lacquer thinner if that would work good enough. I would rather not use paint stripper but may try it also. Any ideas? Even thought about turning the air down on my blast cabinet and trying to bead blast it but I would be shaking glass out of it for a really long time.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Stamps came in

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum