Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

My body guy sent me this picture earlier today. I have not been there since before my wife’s surgery so not sure where he is at with the paint. I hope to go out there this week

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

Is your body guy far away from you Eric?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Only about 20 minutes away

dr-jet
    Participant

This car is going to be perfect!!
    Very impressive to read the updates, thank you for sharing!!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks Ken!

My body guy is killing me! Just sent me two more pictures. I am going nuts wanting to get there but I can’t till Wednesday.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

He is likely going nuts wanting you to see things in person too!

jensenracing77
    Participant

My plans changed tonight so I made it to the body mans house! He was about ready to paint the white top and likely is right now as I type. The paint is VERY close if not perfect to the original color. It is hard to say what the original metallic level was but by the records this is the correct metallic. Can’t see it in the pictures though. Still has to buff everything.

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Looking good! Don’t forget the two Jetfire silver paint accents. Gas filler and top of front gravel shield. Looks like you will have the car back by spring!

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks Jim. He had me send him pictures of the proper brake between the silver and the body color of the front pan. He already knows about the top of the fuel door and the opening. He also has to paint the little part in the top of the door jamb with interior silver that is between the weatherstripping and the headliner. He had forgot about that till I reminded him yesterday. Most all the interior paint is very good but we are going to go ahead and scuff it and paint it a very thin coat.

We had decided to go ahead and allow overspray on the bottom side of the car. I did not get a picture but it is very close to the same amount that is on my wifes car. Very happy about that. I did not have him paint the bottom side of the trunk lid and not sure that was a good idea now. I will look closer when the plastic is off and compare it to the paint inside the trunk. We are leaving the paint inside the trunk and under the hood as sprayed and not buffing it.

jensenracing77
    Participant

The body and paint guy sent me more pictures. He has LED strip lighting and makes the reflection of the lights look like the paint is messed up.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum