Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I know 62 and also 64/65 has them. So far, nobody has found them on 63. These are not reproduced and have already sold some to 65 442 guys.

jensenracing77
    Participant

The body guy matched the original over spray amount really well. I have seen some cars with more than this and some with less. This car you could hardly tell just how much was there but there were some places that still give clues. The body guy thought I was crazy to want the over spray. He likes hard lines.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Got some sand blasting done. Had some extra parts done also.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Steve Hackel got my wiper motor done.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Got my powder coated parts back. I hope to start front suspension assembly soon.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I assembled the from A arms today. Used NOS ball joints and the original upper cross shaft and bushings.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I finished the front suspension and installed it in the car for temporary so that I can roll the car around. I will have the rear end done in the next week or two and install it permanent. I need to roll this to the other side of the garage so that I can work on it better. I have pulled off of this car longer than I planned and starting to get back to it. Added a before and after.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I finished my last two inspection stamps today. They are not even close to as nice as the originals but they will have to do because I am not very good at it. I could make them better but I would have to get a different style stamper and use yellow ink instead of paint. These are good enough for me. I guess I have seen some really poor stampings from the factory also but the ones on this car were really good.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

looking good Eric!

jensenracing77
    Participant

Finished the read end and brakes. I installed it in the car this morning. Ready to roll it to the other side of the garage where I can work on it much easier now.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum